The Stratford Country Club, a long-standing year round community sports & event facility, is looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. Our operations includes many different streams:
Golf | Curling | Indoor Golf | Restaurant | Takeout | Weddings & Special Events | Catering
We are looking for energetic, friendly individuals to be a part of our busy hospitality department. Individuals that have a professional demeanor, positive attitude and willing to learn new things
Job Summary: Sous Chef position is responsible for the following but not limited to;
- Cook between our restaurant, and event kitchen
- Prep food for both areas
- Opening and closing duties
- Ensures SCC Health & Safety policies, WHIMIS training and standards are followed.
- Ensure the cleanliness of kitchens including washing dishes when required
- Assist head chef with quality control, inventory, team training and moral, menu/recipe development, scheduling
- Run events in the head chefs absence
The Stratford Country Club is a work environment which is team orientated. The success of our organization is reflected above all individuals working together. We are not limited to the above tasks and will assist in all areas of the organization when needed.
Experience: Qualifications; minimum 1 year Event/Banquet experience, 3 years in a high volume environment. Food Handlers Certificate required, Smart Serve preferred but not required. Microsoft word & excel experience.
Work Environment: Works in restaurant/kitchen area, can be very hot during the summer months, very steamy, greasy atmosphere, as well as outdoor environments.