The Stratford Country Club, a long-standing year round community sports & event facility, is looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. Our operations includes many different streams:
Golf | Curling | Indoor Golf | Restaurant | Takeout | Weddings & Special Events | Catering
Job Summary: Outdoor Golf Services staff are responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Working alongside the Golf Shop staff each and every shift with constant communication
- Ensures power carts are clean, staged, and ready for play throughout each day.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization for the following areas during the shift – power cart cleaning area, back-shop area, driving range, cart staging area.
- Prepares practice facility for business and ensures range tidiness at the end of the day
- Ensuring the supply of range balls and picking range when required
- Light janitorial duties indoors and outside
- Provide membership and guests with assistance should they require it.
- Assist other departments with any time sensitive matters
- ensures SCC Health & Safety policies, WHMIS training and standards are followed
- Maintains accurate cart cleaning log
- Provides routine facilities maintenance (washrooms/on-course facilities)
- Adheres to daily list of duties and responsibilities that must be completed each day
Outdoor Golf Service Staff will be working during a variety of different golf structures (regular golf days, tee time tournaments, shotgun tournaments, member events, etc.)
Qualifications: the ideal candidate should relate to these skills and abilities:
- Able to take initiative within given guidelines
- Has exceptional energy, flexibility and professionalism
- A precise attention to detail, order, and cleanliness
- Has effective communication skills
- Able to evaluate and select alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Have the ability to work independently on assigned tasks and work alongside other
- Seasonal role that has the opportunity for a role in the 2024 golf season
- We are looking for someone to work primarily weekday day shifts
- Position starts September 1, 2023
Reports to: Senior Golf Shop Staff & Club Director
Work Environment: to ensure the success of the entire golf operations, Outdoor Golf Services Staff should be able to work well individually and as a team player in a time efficient manner. Works indoors and outdoors. All types of weather conditions. Independently and in a team.
Experience: Knowledge or past employment in the golf industry would be an asset but is not necessary. No previous experience required.
Supervision: Ability to work independently with little supervision or assistance. Routinely provides direction or advice to other employees if required. Position is overseen by the Pro Shop Staff, with input from the Club Director.
Time Pressures: Work needs to be completed in a time efficient manner. Excellent time management skills are a must.
Purpose: Provides customer service to members and customers on a frequent and consistent basis.
Ingenuity: Work requires some initiative, must be able to change course in mid-stream if plans fail, but still achieve the department goals and objectives.
Physical Demands: Moderate to heavy amounts of walking. Moderate amounts of lifting when transporting golf balls.
Training: Staff must complete all training that is assigned to them. Training is both in person and online.
Season Availability: Availability during school months is required including weekend and afternoon shifts. Morning shifts to those available. Employment would begin just before golf season begins (plus or minus a week of April 15), and ends when the course closes October 31.